#73 – Advanced wireless communication – simulation and measures of passive components
Introduction to a user-friendly software simulating circuits which work in high-frequencies, so as implementation of an example circuit, while producing layout for printing.
Characterize of passive components – Learning of using modern testing instruments – Spectrum and Network vector analyzer.
Simulation center – Microwave Office.
Microwave measuring Lab – performing measures of passive components using modern testing instruments.
The experiment takes two meeting, each takes five hours.
Overview of transmission lines: Performing impedance adjusting in several methods between a source and a load (based on microstrip transmission lines), using computerized Smith diagram, impedance calculators, VSWR, and video graphical presentation.
Overview of passive components:
- Different kinds of power attenuators
- Wilkinson power splitters
- Quad -3dB Branch coupler
- Microstrip coupled lines filter
- Circulator + isolator – printed on a board
Designing, simulating and producing layout of a passive component such as: coupled lines filter, branch filter and so on. The simulation is performed on Microwave Office.
Spectral measuring and vector measuring (phase, amplitude, delay) on variety of passive components using modern testing instruments made by HP:
vector analyzer – HP8753E
Spectrum analyzer – HP8563E
- Prerequesities – Waves and distributed systems or Recieving and transmitting techniques
- The experiment’s booklet includes preparation questions and experimental procedure.
- You can have a CD – includes many references, calculators, graphs, calculated Smith diagram and more
- It is essential to sign on the instruction for a safe work in the lab.
Material for the experiment:
Supervisor: Haim Malka, Mayer 760, 4702, email@example.com